Thursday 15 March 2012

Mothers Day

This weekend it's another one of those damn commercial holidays. You know the ones that people like to have a bit of a grumble about “we don't need an enforced day to tell our mums we love them”. No we don't. But it's a bloody good excuse to. 

So I, like many other millions of people will be spending the day with my ma on Sunday. They are special, our mums, and lets not forget they taught us everything we know. A recent rummage through old photographs showed that goes for style as much as anything else. Despite the 25 year age gap between my mother and I, we seem to be following a rather familiar fashion path. And I thought I was original!

Here she is rocking a few key styles: the skinny jean, double denim, oversized knits, rock tee, floral maxi and even a spot of retro Mickey.








(Baby, models own. Dog, models own. Equally stylish, mullet donning bloke, also models own. The rest is available in shops and markets nationwide.)


I am my mothers daughter, and I am proud to be.

Love you Mum x

No comments:

Post a Comment