Wednesday 31 August 2011

One Day

Recently heading off on my beach break holiday my first "to do" at the airport was to grab a great read. With armfull's of mags I head to the book shop for my grand finale. Noramlly this part requires a lot of umming and ahhing, however this time I had something in mind. Not only have I been unable to jump on a tube, train or bus without seeing someone clutching onto it in the last couple of years (or so it seems), had endless "it's a must read" nudges from friends, it is now being released as a film. Yep you got it, ONE DAY. I just had to beat it to the box office!



I am totally aware that this is a jump on the bandwagon style moment but sometimes they really are worth doing. It is absolutely wonderful! I couldn't tear myself away from it, Nicholls had me laughing out loud - the giggling kind, not belly laughing - as it is just such an honest account of life and so easy to relate to. This review sums it up perfectly for me:

‘The funniest, loveliest book I’ve read in ages. Most of all it is horribly, cringingly, absolutely 100% honest and true to life. I lived every page.’ – Jenny Colgan

Now I only hope the filmsters have done it proud. I'm already a bit in love with the advertising photography, so I'm quietly confident.



No comments:

Post a Comment